Pupil Premium 2014-2015
Pupil Premium Allocation 2014-2015 £269,749
The school is using this funding to support the education and help to improve/increase the attainment of disadvantaged and/or underperforming students in the following ways:
- PREP is now running 4 evening a week until 7pm, providing an opportunity for students to complete their homework in a quiet atmosphere with staff supporting and including access to ICT facilities. A light supper is also provided at no extra cost.
- The range of after school and lunchtime costs which students can attend at no cost has been extended.
- Pupils are being offered more opportunities to participate in offsite educational visits.
- Using robust reporting and monitoring systems to identify need and determine the necessary interventions.
- Extra tuition after school, on Saturdays and during School Holidays - subject specific and exam syllabus - including small groups and 1 to 1 sessions.
- English classes after school, on Saturdays and during School Holidays for those with little or no English.
- Cross Curricular Literacy and Numeracy programmes.
- Weekly After School Youth Club with various sports and other activities.
- Daily Homework Club to allow students to complete their work in a quiet environment with staff on hand to support.
- Mentoring and counselling.
- Dedicated Learning Support staff to allow disruptive pupils to learn in a supported environment until they are ready to reintegrate.
- E-Praise reward system to encourage effort and attainment.
- Gifted and Talented workshops.
- University visits and taster days including Oxford and Cambridge.
- Free breakfast for students arriving early to ensure that they are sufficiently nourished to aid concentration during lessons.
- Working with Universities to provide the school with students to work in class with the pupils to mentor, support and inspire them.