Advice for parents:
Making decisions about the future can be as difficult for parents as it is for students. Therefore, it is important that parents have enough information to make an informed decision at each stage of their child’s education. In addition to raising questions or seeking advice from the school, including the staff members listed above, parents can also use the information provided below:
· Resources for parents from Target Careers: https://targetcareers.co.uk/parents-and-teachers
· My Work of Work resources for parents: https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/parents/topics
· Hints and tips from Parent Kind https://www.parentkind.org.uk/Parents/Helping-with-careers-advice
The school will update this information annually.
Start is a free, online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
Log in at: https://www.startprofile.com/
See Mr Ruggiero for your username and password.
An apprenticeship is a real job with training which would allow your daughter or son to earn while they learn, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. Apprenticeships take between one and five years to complete and cover 1,500 job roles in a wide range of industries, from engineering to accountancy, public relations to veterinary nursing. Apprenticeships are now available up to degree level and beyond.
National Apprenticeship Service - www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship Guide http://www.apprenticeshipguide.co.uk/
Amazing Apprenticeships https://amazingapprenticeships.com/
Not Going to Uni https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
UCAS - https://www.ucas.com/
Russell Group - https://russellgroup.ac.uk/
Unistats - https://unistats.ac.uk/
Student Finance - https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Which? University Guide https://university.which.co.uk/
National Careers Service
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance across England on learning, training and work. The service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. Their website includes several useful career tools including a skills health check tool and a course selection tool.
Careers Evening February 2021
Below is a link to the video of our Careers Evening held for Year 11 & 12 students in February 2021.
Return to the main Careers page here