Year 9 Guided Options Information
Year 9 Guided Options
Year 9 students are at the start of the process of selecting their GCSE and BTEC options for Year 10. Making curriculum choices in Year 9 is a very important process here at St Thomas More Catholic School. It is an opportunity for you and your child to take increased control of the education choice on offer. This is the most important stage in your child’s education so far and we understand it can be an anxious time. Making the right decisions and choices is of vital importance.
All year 9 students will receive a KS4 Curriculum booklet to guide you and your child through the subjects and courses available, and to help you make an informed choice regarding the optional subjects your child may wish to study.
Good reasons for choosing an option
- You are good at the subject
- You think you will enjoy the course
- It fits your career ideas and plans
- It goes well with your other choices
- It helps to give you plenty of choice post 16
- You think you might want to continue studying it post 16
- Your research shows that it will interest you and motivate you to learn
Bad reasons for choosing an option
- Your friends have chosen it
- You think it will be easy
- Someone else thinks it is a good idea
- You like the teacher you have now
- You did not have time to research your options properly
Click HERE to download Ms Howard's presentation from the online year 9 Options Launch Assembly Presentation.
Click HERE to download a copy of our options guided booklet.
Video Explaining the Options procedure:
Deadline for Options form Submission:
Finally, we ask that your child submit their option choices by 28th May 2021 using a completed options paper form (download below) or the online google form (link below). Please add your consent to their choices to the form.
Download Options form: Click Here
If you have any questions or queries that are not answered in either this page or options booklet, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.