The Prayer of St Thomas More
Thank you, O God, for another day.
Help me to spend it wisely and to spend it well.
Grant that everything I do today may be done
as well as I can do it.
Grant that everyone I meet may be happier for the meeting.
Keep me all through today,
conscientious in my work;
truthful in my speaking;
loyal to my friends;
and faithful to those who love me.
Through Jesus Christ my Lord.
St Thomas More Catholic School is committed to providing the best possible education for all its pupils. Our Mission Statement ‘to lead those in our care to grow in their faith and to benefit from an enriching education’ demonstrates our subscription to these values.
We believe that the true purpose of our work is to create in all our community an ethos that everyone is inspired by the example of Christ.
The Catholic ethos of the school permeates all aspects of school life and is underpinned by a well structured house system, prayer groups and a chaplaincy team. Each year group has a Head of Year involved in the care and well-being of each student, who is in regular contact with parents. Each student is assigned to a form group with a tutor. These smaller groups help students to form friendships and develop a firm support network of peers.
There is a code of conduct that every student is expected to follow. We recognise that we are all equal in the sight of God and we shall endeavour to:
- work to the best of our abilities, take pride in our work and aim for the highest possible standards
- develop a sense of responsibility
- show respect for everyone and their opinions
- be polite, courteous, considerate and show friendship towards everyone
- show respect for ourselves and others, and our environment
- be aware that we are part of a wider community in which we are increasingly involved