St Thomas More Catholic School opened in 1952 on Holcombe Road, Tottenham, after the original work on the proposed school began in 1938. The school opened with Headteacher Mr James Rudden, at its healm.
Mr Rudden was described as “... a very good organiser, a good teacher and has achieved a high standard of behaviour throughout the school. He deserves to be congratulated oh his handling of the school.” Minutes of a Special Meeting of Governors held on 18 February, 1957
In 1959, Mr J.J. Chamberlain was appointed Head after Mr Rudden was appointed Head of Bishop Grant School, Streatham