Culture Fair 2023
This term, we hosted our first Culture Fair, celebrating the rich cultural diversity of our school community and the many cultural initiatives and societies that exist within the school. One hour shows were organised for Years 7-11, which featured:
- A piano performance of the Filipino love song 'Kahit maputi na ang buhok ko'.
- A performance from the Afro-Beats Dance Club, with several dance routines inspired by traditional African dances, including Umxhentso from South Africa.
- A Windrush spoken word performance, which was the product of a joint Drama Department and Collage Arts project, in which students of Caribbean heritage captured and retold the stories of their grandparents.
- A performance from the Latin American Dance Society, with traditional Bolivian and Columbian dance routines.
- A presentation from the winners of the whole-school Culture Day Competition that was posted on Satchel One.
- A Gospel song performance from the choir.
In addition, the canteen served a special week of international dishes, students were invited to wear national costumes, there was a form-time show and tell, with students invited to bring in an object of cultural significance, and a Sixth Form lunchtime culture show in the Glendale Hall.